I have NEVER been a reader. Maybe if I had a cozy fireplace with a big comfortable chair I could be coaxed into it but I don't. I have been making an effort though because I want Rianne to love books and reading.
As far back as I can remember I've never liked reading. Book reports in school were hellish for me because I never could "get into" the required reading material.
In my adult life I have been opening my mind to reading novels again and it goes well until I come across a book that bores me and then I lose my passion.
Two years ago (gosh I can't believe it's been that long already) .. I got into the Twilight series and blew through those books in a matter of weeks. I couldn't put them down and even bought a little book light so I could keep reading after going to bed. I was hooked on those books. I really enjoyed them.
More recently I was introduced to the Shopaholic series of books my Sophie Kinsella after finding a few of them at a flea market. Not only do I have the first 4 books of the series but I have two of Kinsella's stand alone novels as well. The only two novels I have to get to finish the series is "Shopaholic and Baby" and the most recent "Mini Shopaholic". I should have enough reading material to get me through the Winter but if I'm ever at the flea markets and see something that grabs my interest I'll buy it to have on my book shelf.
Sophie Kinsella is also Madeline Wickham but I was told that she writes more humor as Sophie Kinsella and more serious novels as Madeline Wickham.
So, for those of you (if anyone) who reads my blog, feel free to leave comments on books that may be worth the read.
I could spend a good hour in at Coles and probably longer than that at Chapters looking through books and not only that but the Chapters stores have Starbucks in them so wheee for a good read and a delicious latte. That makes Maggie a happy girl.
I read to Rianne a lot too. Her Little Golden books are going to be well read by the time she starts school. Her favorite is Scuffy the Tugboat and more recently, Barbie Fashion Fairytale. She is obsessed with that one at the moment. I'm glad she likes books and being read to. She should really enjoy it when she learns to read by herself.
So .. I am presently reading "Shopaholic Ties the Knot" and I am enjoying it as much as the previous two shopaholic books I've read. I am glad I discovered this little gem of a series.
Life goes by so fast sometimes that we forget to stop, take a breath and enjoy the moments as they happen. This is my attempt to "smell the roses" ... in the moment instead of remembering them after they go by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Maggie's Musings
- Maggie
- I'm a SAHM to two girls. One is 6 years old and the other is 8 months old.
No comments:
Post a Comment