What started out as a fairly boring week turned interesting by Friday.
Friday morning was Rianne's orientation at school from 9-11 AM. She visited 4 different classrooms, did activities and then went on a short bus ride. It was her very first time on a bus and she really enjoyed it.
There will be 66 kids starting grade Primary in September. I think there are 3 classes because that's a lot to stuff into 2 rooms. Her teacher(s) are going to have their hands full without a doubt!
After the school event I went to get my Diabetes (Gestational) test done at the lab. Arrived there before Noon and had to take a number and wait. Number came up, I had to register and go wait for my number to come up again to go into the back to the phlebotomist (aka: vampire). No blood was taken initially. I had to drink that lovely sweet orange drink and then wait for an hour!! By the time my blood was taken and I got home I had a killer headache that didn't go away until the next morning. It was terrible!
By 4PM on Friday my phone was ringing and it was my doctor telling me I failed the test and she wasn't going to bother testing any further. Normally when you fail the 1-hour test they'll make you do the 3-hour one. Given my family history and my own personal history with gestational diabetes she felt I was a hopeless case I guess.
Now I am waiting for the Diabetes Clinic to call me so I can go in and pick up my monitor. Then the finger pricking begins. I bought myself a notebook at the dollar store yesterday so I can record my food and glucose numbers. I controlled it last time with my diet and didn't need medication so I am fairly confident I can do the same this time. Writing down everything I eat keeps me honest and accountable.
I was good over the weekend and didn't have anything sweet to eat even though it was offered and accessible. Here's to engaging what little willpower I possess!
Life goes by so fast sometimes that we forget to stop, take a breath and enjoy the moments as they happen. This is my attempt to "smell the roses" ... in the moment instead of remembering them after they go by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Maggie's Musings
- Maggie
- I'm a SAHM to two girls. One is 6 years old and the other is 8 months old.
No comments:
Post a Comment