Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Busy as a beaver

Since arriving in Cape Breton we've been on the go quite a bit. Let me see if I can recap some events.
We arrived on Friday and then we were off to Cheticamp on Saturday. We started out at the church basement for their $7/bag clothing deal and then we moved on to the Bargain Shop before moving down the hill to Frenchy's. Before coming home we stopped at the ice cream shop at Mr.Chicken to cool off a bit with some chilly treats. 

Sunday found us at the Inverness Raceway where we watched 3 or 4 races before going to visit some family. 

I don't remember doing much of anything on Monday so we must have stayed in town. I think Mom took Rianne to the beach to play in the sand that evening so it was a fairly low key day for us. 

Tuesday we went to Port Hawkesbury to the Walmart there to buy gifts for some events coming up this weekend. Rianne bought the new version of My Little Pony Cheerilee and she scored some art supplies at Walmart and the Dollarama among other things. The only thing I bought for myself was 2 jugs of water. How typical is that??  Parents are always on the back burner while out shopping.

Today (Wednesday) we were in Mabou to the Hope Chest (thrift store) where I found some nice tops. I should be set for the whole Summer now but will that stop me from looking around for that next big bargain? Probably not. Who doesn't love getting a great deal on good clothing? I live for thrift store shopping! All you need is time and patience and you are bound to find a gem buried in a bin. 
When we got home I put Rianne in her pool where she stayed for about 2 hours or more. Loving every minute of it. Tishy even made her way in there with her .. fully clothed!! 

I don't know what the remainder of the week will bring forth. I love being busy and being on the go. I wish finances made it easier to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Maggie's Musings

My photo
I'm a SAHM to two girls. One is 6 years old and the other is 8 months old.