Life goes by so fast sometimes that we forget to stop, take a breath and enjoy the moments as they happen. This is my attempt to "smell the roses" ... in the moment instead of remembering them after they go by.
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Inverness Gathering Parade
Rianne slept in until 9:30-ish this morning. Yay!! When she woke up I asked her if she wanted to be in the kiddie parade this morning and she could be Cinderella. Hey, I paid good money for that Halloween costume last year and she didn't really get to wear it because we were on the road moving from Alberta to Nova Scotia. She was excited at the thought of wearing it again. I went to the Dollar Store in search of supplies to decorate her wagon. After all ... what Princess doesn't have a chariot? So I bought a light blue vinyl table cloth and some light blue bows and a wand, came home and covered the wagon, stuck the bows on and voila!! A fancy mode of transportation for my little Cinderella ... whose gown matched perfectly to the decorations. When her tootsies got tired from walking in her little "glass" slippers she jumped into her "chariot" and we continued over the main street. The kids on bicycles were way ahead of us and as fast as I walked we still couldn't catch up but that's okay .. it just made the parade seem that much longer for the people watching it.
At the end the kids were all given a certificate and then we walked back over the street ... this time on the sidewalk to get back home. She got changed and then we went back to the street corner to watch the big parade that started at Noon.
I'm sad that her daddy had to miss out on her first parade entry but I'm hoping she will do it again next year. She wants to go in the big parade so she can throw candy to the kids on the street. We'll see!
*****
The big parade was great. The Legion float carrying the veterans and military personnel led the parade. I'm rather sad that Inverness no longer has a pipe band ... not even one piper to liven things up a bit. There were fire trucks, an ambulance, the Search and Rescue van and a float for "hug a tree" .. how to stay alive if lost in the woods. The Central Building Supplies had their Draft horses in the parade. Beautiful!! The Royal visit after the HST hike ... the Queen and Prince Philip on a bicycle built for two was comical as was the Bachelor .. Inverness Edition ... a float entered by the Co-op store in town. There were some colorful entries this year .. one being some Crayola Crayons meandering their way over central avenue.
All in all it was entertaining. Some great thought and effort was put forth for the 2010 Inverness Gathering Parade.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Maggie's Musings
- Maggie
- I'm a SAHM to two girls. One is 6 years old and the other is 8 months old.
No comments:
Post a Comment