We've gotten used to the idea now but it really came as a huge shock in the beginning. Totally and completely unexpected was an understatement.
The source of our ~freak out~ as seen in early February. The story is rather funny now that I can laugh about it. I had been feeling 'off' for a bit and Jon asked me if I needed any fixings to go with supper and he'd pick it up on his way home from work.
Jokingly I told him "sour cream and a pee stick" .. well I didn't think he'd actually buy one but since he did, I used it after supper and darn near fell off the throne!
I came down the stairs and threw it at him (I was aiming for a gentle toss but I think I put too much energy into the toss). So he sat there on the couch with a blank on his face, that matched mine!!
The rest is history.
I went for prenatal blood work and had an appointment with a nurse practitioner where I hat to take another test and that was positive too ... to my disbelief.
Now here I sit .. 4 months pregnant and due in October. Un-freaking-believable!
We were not planning on having another child. Rianne is starting school in September and I was going to get a part time job to help with finances. We have nothing except a stroller and we only held onto that because I didn't get around to selling it yet. It got banged up and broken on the bus when it was shipped from Edmonton to New Glasgow so I didn't think it would be worth much. I'm so glad we held onto it. Now to knock off the rest on the list of baby needs .. this may take a while!
Life goes by so fast sometimes that we forget to stop, take a breath and enjoy the moments as they happen. This is my attempt to "smell the roses" ... in the moment instead of remembering them after they go by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Maggie's Musings
- Maggie
- I'm a SAHM to two girls. One is 6 years old and the other is 8 months old.
No comments:
Post a Comment