Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Thrifty Thrifter

I am passionate about thrift store shopping. It must be my "old age" but I would much rather go there than the mall. Especially for children's clothes since they outgrow them in the blink of an eye. 
We went thrifting last weekend and again this afternoon. It was my escape time from the kids as Jon kept them with him in the  truck while I went through the bins. It was my own personal utopia. As sad as it sounds ... it doesn't take much to make me happy. Give me $20 and drop me off at a thrift store for an hour or so and I'm good to go!

I prefer Frenchy's as far as thrift stores go. I've been shopping at various locations between Cheticamp and Truro for many years. Since moving to Pictou County and living close to New Glasgow I go to Louie's Good Used Clothing on Sundays. Why Sunday? Because there's nothing else to do on that day since a lot of stores are closed. I don't have much luck there finding baby girl stuff there though. It's 90% baby boy items in their one and only baby bin. I'll have to try Frenchy's next time since Autumn is rapidly outgrowing her wardrobe.
I bought Rianne some shirts today. I can always find her something there. Mostly tops since she is so fussy when it comes to pants. She will only wear leggings!
I bought Rianne three tops and bought Autumn 2 pair of sleepers and a bunting bag (since she has already outgrown the one I bought at Frenchy's for her before she was born) and only spent $11. I would have paid more than that for ONE item!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Maggie's Musings

My photo
I'm a SAHM to two girls. One is 6 years old and the other is 8 months old.