Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I'm a redhead


On Friday morning I went to a salon at the mall while the in-laws stayed home with Rianne. What an adventure!!
I went into one salon and they couldn't do anything until Noon. Not soon enough considering I had people watching my child so I went to another one and they took me right away. A guy named Damian with a green tipped fauxhawk was my stylist and he was great.
At first I told him that I wanted red highlights in the front. Well I ended up going ALL RED and got a great cut that I love. He tried putting some purple highlights in the front for an accent but they didn't really work out.
I was in the salon for close to 4-hours (yes, FOUR HOURS!!!) and I was calling myself the salon mascot because other stylists would walk by me and comment that I was still there.
First he dyed my roots since they were darker than the rest of my hair. That was 25 minutes under the dryer. Then he colored the rest of my hair and that was another 20 minutes or so under the dryer. Washed that out and then had to bleach parts of my hair in front to allow for the purple color. Yet another 20 some minutes under the dryer before applying the purple color and going under the dryer for the last time for another while.
Got my hair all rinsed off and then it was time to cut it. FINALLY!!!
Drastic difference but I really love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Maggie's Musings

My photo
I'm a SAHM to two girls. One is 6 years old and the other is 8 months old.