Sunday, September 26, 2010

Live, Laugh, Love

This morning Rianne and I got up early and I turned the Wii Fit on after breakfast and worked out  for 60 minutes. HUGE accomplishment for me lately since I have been slack and idle and the scale is showing my lack of efforts ... unfortunately, but I'm the only one to blame. I'm not going to beat myself up over it though, i just have to get back on track and keep plugging. 

After I finished up with Wii Fit and cooled off a bit we went for a walk. Well Rianne rode her bike and I walked/jogged around the track at Victoria Park and it felt awesome. I could have ran more/longer but Rianne's legs got tired so I had to stop. I wasn't even really gasping for air at that point which I normally would be. 
So we came home and the little stinker was pedaling down the hill and I had to get mad at her because her bike is just a baby one and doesn't have brakes. Because it doesn't have brakes I had to hold her back and she was really make me work due to her pedaling. Like I didn't workout enough by that point!

After lunch I changed my clothes and we walked over to Foodland for a few items. She wanted to take her pink unicorn so there she was carrying it around in the grocery basket. On the way home we stopped at the playground for a bit before coming home. 
When we got home she didn't want to come in so I left her out on "Trigger" and came in to put the groceries away  then I went out and we did some yard work. Well I did the work and she undid it right behind me. All in a days work with her. 

Rianne eventually heard the voice of Sophie next door. She doesn't live there but her grandparents do. Rianne loves playing with Sophie when she's there. Sooo ... off she went up the little hill between our yard and theirs and she was on the swing set for a while. After a while I hear her shout over that she's staying for cake. Okay! Then I look and there's a big banner about a party. Oh crap! I think she was just invited to a birthday party and she didn't have a gift. I asked Sophie who the party was for. She said her baby brother was turning 1. 
I came in and frantically looked for a card. The only thing I found were blank note cards so that was going to have to do so I wrote in it and put money inside and went back out and gave it to Rianne and told her to give it to Sophie's mom for the birthday party. 

Then I hear "are you coming over to the party?" Who me?!! Ummm okay. I've been sweating like a pig all day and was in the middle of yard work so pardon my scent and appearance while I invade your home and have munchies and cake. LOVELY!! What a first impression to make huh? The only good thing is that quite possibly the next time they see me I will undoubtedly look and smell better than I did today .. haha!!
It was a big party too. Lots of food and people .. aka strangers! I was totally out of my element and comfort zone. The only person I knew in that entire house was my 4 year old daughter. Awkward!! A little while after we had cake Rianne went outside ... my chance to escape the chaos. Everyone was leaving by that point too so they were all witness to the hissy fit that ensued when I dragged Rianne down over the hill kicking and screaming because she didn't want to leave the swing set. She's a tenacious little creature when she sets her mind to something. Stubborn isn't the word for it! 

Wow what a busy day! I'm glad it's bedtime for her and relaxation time for me. My favorite time of the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Maggie's Musings

My photo
I'm a SAHM to two girls. One is 6 years old and the other is 8 months old.