This afternoon was Rianne's first experience with story time at the PARL (Pictou Antigonish Regional Library) and as much as I was hoping and praying she'd sit and behave, the thought was always in the back of mind that we'd have to do the walk of shame out of the building , never to return. Thankfully she did very well and loved being in with other kids. I think there are only 5 or 6 other pre-school aged kids in the group.
After the story was read they got to do a little craft. Today it was a caterpillar bookmark and a coloring page:
She was never one for coloring anything (other than herself) so poor Raggedy Ann will continue to live life in black and white with a hint to purple hues. I thought the mutant caterpillar bookmark was cute though :)
Rianne's books of choice to borrow this week were as follows:
Her eyes lit up when I found The Black Stallion so I hope she enjoys the book. We'll see tonight.
All the other moms just sit around tables so here's hoping I meet someone to talk to in future weeks. I overheard one mom say she was moving out of Westville soon though because she doesn't like the small town life. She is originally from Halifax .. for me personally, small town life is just perfect! To each their own though. I do know that I'm not a big city girl at all. That's a proven fact.
So it looks like Rianne and I will have plans on Thursday afternoons all Fall and Winter which is good. It gets us out to socialize a bit ... even if it's only for 30 minutes a week!
Life goes by so fast sometimes that we forget to stop, take a breath and enjoy the moments as they happen. This is my attempt to "smell the roses" ... in the moment instead of remembering them after they go by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Maggie's Musings
- Maggie
- I'm a SAHM to two girls. One is 6 years old and the other is 8 months old.
No comments:
Post a Comment