| Fun in the snow - January 3rd 2011 |
Yes ... it's 2011 (a week into the new year as a matter of fact) and we're finally getting some snow. AT LAST! Not that I like the stuff because I hate being cold and I'm almost always cold but it's pretty to look at (from the inside).
The other day we made a snowperson (politically correct and pictured above) with some awesome snow that fell in the matter of a couple of hours. That was fun because it wasn't too chilly out. The ambiguous snowperson is still standing, though listing slightly to the right. It won't be long before we wake up one of these mornings to find it passed out in the front yard. At which time I'll place an empty wine bottle close by to give it a good excuse to be sleeping in the snow drifts.
I dropped the ball on getting a 2010 dated tree ornament for Rianne. I have looked at Walmart, Zellers, Canadian Tire and all through the Highland Square Mall. Nothing anywhere! Looks like I'll have to make one or hope I happen upon one on a clearance table somewhere or at a flea market. I came close to missing out last year too but I was lucky to get one at Walmart:
It's dated 2009 on the back and I put a picture of her from her 4th birthday in it. You would ASSUME after almost missing out last year that I'd be on the ball this year. Nope! Not in the least!
Note to self: Before buying anything Christmas related next year ... buy an ornament FIRST!
I did get some fabulous buys on decorations and other ornaments for the tree this last week. I hate to buy Seasonal items when they first come out knowing I can wait and get them for next to nothing as the Holiday approaches or is over and done with.
I left Rianne's pink tree up though because I am decorating it for Valentine's Day and then after that I'm decorating it for Easter. After Easter I guess I can put it away until December. I am thankful for the Dollarama for decorations for it. They always have some cute seasonal stuff there.
No comments:
Post a Comment