Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Little Pony

Have you seen the "new and improved" creation from Hasbro? I was shocked when I saw them. This is what the new ponies look like:

To me they look like Littlest Pet Shop or something with the big eyes and look less and less like what they are supposed to be .. PONIES!!!
They gave "Rainbow Dash" wings and turned her into a Pegasus too (note flying blue one for those who aren't familiar with MLPs). 

My daughter has been obsessed with them since 2008 or so and even had a My Little Pony themed birthday party when she turned 3 so my life has revolved around these little ponies for the last 2 years as well. 
We've been buying them brand new at stores .. which  is my favorite way because then I know the names! The ones we bought at flea markets turns into a great adventure of me feverishly searching various websites trying to identify them and getting a headache in the meantime. 

Getting back to the new look. I'm on the fence about them actually. I don't love them and I don't hate them. To quote Randy Jackson "it's just a'ight for me dawg" ... There's no "wow factor" really.  I'm not so sure it's an improvement.
Leave it to Hasbro to come out with new ones for my daughter and every other little pony loving little girl to drool over.

Treehouse TV is airing the new shows three times a week. Wednesdays and Weekends so I"ll have to see what the hype is about. I'm sure Rianne will love them and then the hunt will be on for all the new ones :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Maggie's Musings

My photo
I'm a SAHM to two girls. One is 6 years old and the other is 8 months old.